This is a recommended check list for all coaches.
- Before the registration deadline for the upcoming season, be sure to register online and to have a current risk abuse statement (these expire every June 1).
- Answer all the questions in the onlin registration (e.g., do you have a Bye request?)
- Confirm with your commissioner (and in Got Soccer) that you are assigned to the appropriate team for the upcoming season (mandatory for scheduling purposes if you are head coach of two teams).
- Remember that the only official roster will be found in your team account (under Team Profile, Documents). It will have the North Texas and US Youth Soccer logos at the top--and your Registrar's signature at the bottom. You should only use this official roster as the list of players on your team. Official rosters are typically available after the pre-season Coach Meetings.
- CALL ALL OF YOUR FAMILIES AS SOON AS THE OFFICIAL ROSTERS HAVE BEEN RELEASED.
- Recommended to hold a pre-season parent's meeting to explain practices, schedules, snack responsibilities, etc.
- Try to recruit other parents to help--Assistant Coaches, Managers (Team Mothers and Fathers), and others that would help with anything from a team newsletter to planning the end-of-the-year party.
- For U7 and up teams: always enter your game scores online in Got Soccer within 24 hours. All coaches are encouraged to include comments about the referees in your Game Report (leave it at the mail box at your field).
- Pick up your referee check at the pre-season Coach Meeting--or any other office hours. HOWEVER, ALL CHECKS WILL BE VOIDED AND SHREDDED AFTER THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON. THEY WILL NOT BE RE-ISSUED.
- Pick up your trophies, as appropriate. U4 through U8 will have participation trophies and U9 and up will have trophies for 1st and 2nd place. These must be picked up by the last game of the season. AFTER THE LAST GAME, ALL TROPHIES ARE RE-CYCLED AND NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR DISTRIBUTION.